Monday, February 4, 2008

Procrastination and ITV Ventures!

I have to be honest; there was a time when I could have been called an expert on this subject - procrastination! I could have written a book about it!

So what are some of the causes of procrastination? Putting off a task because:

  • We think it's going to be unpleasant
  • We're afraid of failure
  • Guilt
  • We need to feel safe
  • We want to avoid risk
  • And, oddly enough, we actually fear succeeding!

Do any of those ring true for you? Uhhhh....YEAH!


So basically, procrastination is caused by fear. Procrastination can pop up in various guises; like indecision - if you can't decide what to do, then you just simply don't have to do it!

Of course, busy-ness...I’m soooo guilty of this! My personal favorite is list making! It could be a list of "to do’s" or a list of plusses and minuses. I mean, you can go on making lists - and lists of lists - endlessly.

Because of procrastination, you can end up waiting for things to work out, and by waiting and not moving forward, you run the risk of having to react to events in your life rather than being in control of them.

What I learned was that when I was procrastinating, I was wasting the present moment by doing absolutely nothing and I got absolutely no results and accomplished nothing.

Obviously, there was a time when you took that first step and looked at ITV Ventures as a business that could have put you into forward motion.

So, I have to wonder, are you still looking, interested, or just don’t feel like clicking on the remove me link below?

Whatever the answer might be, don’t keep procrastinating...call me so that we can discuss your future, email me to set up a time to talk.

Answering the Call,
Lisa Fine and Jeni Roper
lisa_itv@yahoo.com

niddy@comcast.net

Click here to revisit our website: http://itvleaders.com/cgi-bin/d.cgi/110784/ITV-Tour-1.html

No comments: